Sunday, January 1, 2012

I was riding my yamaha atv when all of the sudden it would not shift, what do I do?

I have a 1988 Yamha Big Bear 350. I was riding it when all of the sudden it stopped. I shifted into reverse and it went beckward. I shifted it forward and it would not go. I tried the same thing over and over and nothing. The engine runs great. But I can only ride backwards. Please Help!!!|||trace the cable from the shifter on the fender to the motor. It will run to a lever that is on the crank case of the motor. It should be on the same side of the motor as the exhaust pipe. Push the gear shift all the way into high gear. then try to push the lever on the crank case forward toward the front of the atv.


Not making any promises but it sounds like the cable from the shifter to the lever may be bad.|||you burnt the clutch

No comments:

Post a Comment