Thursday, January 12, 2012

Yamaha ATV Question on a 2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4?

I own a 2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4. I never had an issue with the 4x4 system and never really needed it or paid attention to it. The other night, I got stuck and needed it. I noticed that when trying to get unstuck, the back wheels and one front wheel (the right hand side) where spinning. The left hand side tire barely moved.



Is this normal? Is a 3 wheel drive? or is it supposed to be a true 4 wheel drive and I have a problem?





Hoe does the all time 4x4 system on this atv work? I am used to polaris and their AWD system. The tires take turns, etc.



ThanksYamaha ATV Question on a 2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4?
Yes it's normal.The rear axil is a fixed axil so both rear wheels turn together.the front axil has a set of spider gears in it making it a true differential.Without this your bike would not be able to turn without hopping all over the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment