Sunday, January 1, 2012

Get my Yamaha Grizzly ATV ready for winter use?

Have a Yamaha grizzly 450. Want to use it for snow plowing. How can I make sure it starts when ever I need it with out a problem. Gets to be about minus 20 celsius / minus 4 Fahrenheit where I live.|||There really isn't anything "big" you can do to prepare an ATV for the winter because essentially, ATV stands for All-Terrain-Vehicle (Yes of course I know that you know that) and if it goes on all terrains, it has to go on SNOW which means cold! What you should do is change your oil to preferably a viscosity that matches colder weather. You should also adjust your carb if it is not fuel injected. You will just have to let it warm up before you start plowing. And one more thing..... WATCH YOUR OIL LEVEL! If it rises, it could mean moisture is building up. I plow every winter and it gets down to -10 degrees F here in southeastern Wisconsin. I have a fuel injected Polaris Sportsman, but I barely do anything to get it ready for winter. Another thing you should do is put chains on your tires- really helps in deep snow when your ATV starts to get thrown around! Hope this helps! Email me with any other questions! : icecoldarctic122@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment