Sunday, January 8, 2012

How do I get my '99 yamaha blaster 200cc atv to idle?

The Blaster has an electronic device controlling the idle. Look at the carb, you will see a strange looking box on top of the normal carb, it is a solenoid which controls idle speed. In the throttle housing on the handle bar, is a switch, which activates the box. I am not sure how the bike determines when the idle speed is to be adjusted, but that control box can give trouble, causing the bike to shut down when the throttle is closed, and the switch in the throttle housing transfers. Also, the control box can cause the carb to idle very fast. I had a customer last October with this problem, I solved it for him. If you think this may be your


trouble, you may E-mail me for instructions as to how to repair it. I do not want to take up space/time on ANSWERS if this is not your problem.





Tomcotexas@yahoo.com|||If you think it has a clog take a hammer (I'm serious I did this to my Warrior) and tap the carb with it. Not to hard but not to soft either. Then adjust the screw once the engine is warmed up. Make sure you put some fresh gas in there.|||You need to clean the Carb. Specifically, the pilot jet.


If you dont know how to clean it you can get a Clymer or Haynes manual and read about how to do it. If it is not CLEAR to you what to do after that, have a local shop take care of it for you. It is very easy to miss the pilot jets when cleaning a carb.|||First thing i would suggest is check ur jetting. If that looks good clean the carb.|||before u take apart the carb adjust the idle screw and the air screw. they are very fussy, one cant be wrong or the machine wont run properly. then if that didnt work clean the carb and adjust the scews after. the reeds also may be causing the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment