Sunday, January 1, 2012

How do I set the lifter on my 1996 350cc Yamaha wolverine 4x4 atv?

Lately I have been hearing a ticking sound in the lifter area after it is run for a while and I believe it to be the lifter. I think it just needs reset. I have owned this atv since it was new and have never had to do anything to it. Any suggestion about how to take care of this sound would be great.|||not easy enough to explain in text form here... you need a good owners / shop manual (climber is one of the best around) that will step you thru the process if you have all the needed tools. and I agree, you are overdue if you haven't done this before on a engine that age (with any time on it)...





basically the same engine as on a bike, just packaged differently in the quad frame.|||more than likely you need to have the valves adjusted. I know from a dirt bike standpoint it is doable if you are mechanically inclined??? but you will need a good shop manual or a climber / chilton step by step manual to do it properly. it's about an hour job if you have all the tools needed and know what you are doing OR about a hundred bucks at most reputable dealers.





and if you have never had this done??? you are well over due on a 11 year old engine if it has any hours on it at all...





good luck and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment