Sunday, January 1, 2012

Do I add coolant or distilled water or both to my yamaha atv?

My coolant is getting low and just curious do I just add distilled water or coolant and distilled water or just coolant?


It is a 2007 Yamaha YFZ450. Any info would be appreciated, I have not had to do this yet!|||50/50





Anything at your local autoparts place should work. Just make sure it's the same color what was there. If you mix different colors, it'll gum up and clog your radiator........and BOOM!|||Add a mixture of both. The coolant will help your engine run cooler in the summer and prevent damage from freezing in the winter. The coolant has to be diluted with water before use. Using distilled water prevents mineral deposits from forming in the cooling system.|||50/50 mix.





It is the water that carries away the heat. The anti-freeze is just chemicals to prevent rust and freezing.








Good Luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment